Google Earth Atlantis??

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

Re: Google Earth Atlantis??

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Krackonis,
You wrote:
Plato was a barely conscious human at the beginning of consciousness.
Eh? I'm guessing that you got that from Jaynes?
His works are brilliant, but as he and Socrates have described in detail, they "hear negative voices" that tell them what not to do. Honestly, I don't hear voices.
Plato's works are indeed briliant, however, I cannot recall anywhere reading of a detailed description of 'negative voices', or positive voices for that matter. Perhaps you could furnish some examples?
Putting Plato on a pedestal, like Einstein, only leads to people being followers of him and not thinkers with him.
Personally, I don't put anyone on a pedastal, not even Velikovsky or the Saturn theorists.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi GC, Krakonis,
Hi Krackonis,
You wrote:
Plato was a barely conscious human at the beginning of consciousness.
Eh? I'm guessing that you got that from Jaynes?
This is not a correct interpretation of Jaynes' theory. Plato would have been of the same level of development or potential as any modern man. Conciousness is a means of authorization, a being either has it or does not. The error of the above quote lies in the implied assumption that there is a slow evolution or growth of conciousness, ergo, a modern man's level of conciousness must be "higher" or more developed than a Classic Greek.
But Jaynes' theory is that conciousness arose spontaneously in humans around the world as a result of some (unspecified by him, remember that he was basically a uniformitarian) catastrophic occurrence. Before that, authorization came from an interior voice that was thought to be the orders of a god, king, chief, ancestor, etc. These voices now, while still potentially within all of us, manifest themselves at times of extreme stress or in schizophrenics.
A Greek, such as Plato, of circa the 5th BCE would have the same abilities and potentials for creating "mindspace" (through the use of analogies and metaphors) in which his "analog I" could operate as would any thinker of today. In other words the same mechanism would exist in any concious human, either then or now. Again, it is either there or is not there. To Jaynes conciousness is an abstract operative, similar to a mathematical concept, it is not of a concrete existence. That is my understanding of Jaynes.
If there is a "next step" in the development of conciousness, we have yet to see it.

nick c

PS
My apologies for any derailment of this thread, but I thought that the implication that Jaynes advocated a slow evolution of conciousness since its' emergence needed to be corrected. This thread has the Plato/Atlantis connection, and then the idea that Plato may have been bicameral or partially bicameral in the Jaynesian sense, which needed to be clarified. If there are any other comments perhaps they should go on a Julian Jaynes thread:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... ian+jaynes

Orlando

Unread post by Orlando » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 am

What if all planets ( Particles, orbiting bodies) are carved like this from Plasma Machining?
does it not occur at the boundry layer of their ionosphere?
Could the Ionosphere be the by product of Plasma machining?
if the surface of the earth is made from about 40% oxygen, could it be that this Plasma machining is releasing
it to combine with Hydrogen to form water?

As comets and such or the chemical properties of the body cause different effects?

Like the dust devils, what happens if there is more humidity with this finely divided dust, it could form tornadoes and hurricanes for without the water vapour would it not act like a sandblasting apparatus?

What if the Landscape is carved, new valleys new mountain ranges by thus plasma machining and not colliding plates?
or maybe the tectonic activity is an effect from this charging?

Many questions, about this Electric Universe,
what are the magnetic resonant effects?

If a body is in a fixed orbit, could this not mean it is in a standing wave resonating with the sun?

If our Galaxy is a Mitochondria fuel cell in a huge vien, where in this plasma environment would our sun be positioned in.

What if the Earth acts alike a motor and speeds up or slows down?
What is causing the eccentric mass in Venus to spin?
Why does Saturn display the hex shape at the pole?
is it an optical illusion like the reflection we see with the tire rims on vehicles?
Better get the shovels out!

Peace
Or
Teach me a fact and I'll learn; Tell me the truth and I'll Believe;
Tell me a Story and it will live in my Heart forever--

Native American Proverb