Plasma space craft question

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

sol88

Plasma space craft question

Unread post by sol88 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Just sounding off here, but if you had a craft that could generate a strong enough electric field wrt it's surrounding electrical environment, would this cause a double layer to form around it?

And if it did, then would this double layer make the craft act like a virtual proton or electron wrt the ambient charge say a highly positively charge Sun or a negativity charged planet?

What if you could insert this craft with its double layer inside a suitably sized Birkeland current? Say one that connects our Sun with its partner?

And could the double layer "collect" spare electrons/protons for use inside the craft? something like Protium?

Just thinking ;)
Last edited by sol88 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Black holes are where God divided by zero.” – Comedian Steven Wright

junglelord

Re: Plasma space craft question

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:55 pm

I think like that. I think that the Birkeland Magnetic Tube and the Z/Theta Pinch are the two most powerful events in the cosmos. I believe that TT Brown showed conclusivly that the positive edge of a capacitor converges space/time and the negitive pole diverges it. This convergence cause the positive edge of the capacitor to leap forward. The effect of a leading edge of a craft with a positive charge is ovbious. The craft would be so highly charged as to create coronal effects as often witnessed. The double layer would be a natural consequence of such a technology and this would create stealth as plasma is not picked up on radar. Notice the leading edge of the Stealth Bomber is a positive charge.

The Birkeland Magnetic Tube is two positive charges creating a attraction force and dynamo effect that seperates charges and magnetic fields. With high frequency and pulse dc, one would create a relativisitic Birkeland Current with Mercury Plasma. The German Bell was certainly researching this method of anti-gravity.
http://books.google.com/books?id=2vI2k6 ... #PPA189,M1
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 am

The B-2 bomber's leading edge is positively charged, the exhaust ports of it's too-small turbine engines is negatively charged. Ionic accelleration of air over it's wings gives it additional lift. I have not read any confirmation of the stealth attributes of the ionization effect of it's skin (other than supposedly 19 people have been electrocuted by the damn things).

As to capacitors, I saw a video that a guy posted on YouTube wherein he charged a capacitor balanced on a scales. When charged, the capacitor apparently lost 'weight'... so there's definitely something going on there ;) I do not believe a capacitor "warps space and time" because I know that a capacitor will discharge over time- so it can't be outside the bounds of time then, can it?

As to an interstellar vehicle- I think you're on the right track myself. A long time ago I read a series of books by E. E. Smith called "The Lensman Series". In it, his vehicles used 'inertial-less drives'. That struck a cord in me that rings to this day. I think that once we've tied together electricity, magnetism, gravity AND inertia, we'll have the high speed jazz nailed down tight. LIke you said too, sol88- somewhere in there is going to be a way to (perhaps) use charge differential as a power source as well. How is well beyond me, and I'm not willing to throw out uneducated quesses simply because no one can prove me wrong ;)

Mike H.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

mague

Unread post by mague » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:54 am

mharratsc wrote:I think that once we've tied together electricity, magnetism, gravity AND inertia, we'll have the high speed jazz nailed down tight. LIke you said too, sol88- somewhere in there is going to be a way to (perhaps) use charge differential as a power source as well. How is well beyond me, and I'm not willing to throw out uneducated quesses simply because no one can prove me wrong ;)

Mike H.
Hello Mike,

i wouldnt hold my breath for that. To get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time you have to be fast. Even lightspeed is not really fast. Well, we could reach Alpha Centauri. However, the problem is the collision detection. At high speed even the impact of a sand grain should be devasting. Si-Fi shield technology is weird. You car shields your body. Still you try to avoid any crash.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Black Hole Body Snatchers Inc.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

sol88

Unread post by sol88 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Yeah something along those line Lizzie, but I was sitting at the train station the other day and watching the electrical system , and thinking Mmmm....Now if a Birkeland current, albeit, planetary, interstellar or inter galactic then is that not our source of power for said plasma craft? :shock: I mean "mother nature" does the energy concentrating for us we just "tap" in!

I've often wondered after watching a big Tesla coil in action, if it could be run in reverse and used to "pull" power from the Birkeland current (BC) and charge the capacitors (i.e the plasma craft) then why can't you use the science that was STS_75 http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/space/text/t ... lts.txt
Numerous space physics and plasma theories are being
revised or overturned by data gathered during the Tethered
Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R)
"Perhaps the most significant finding," Stone said, "is
that tether currents proved to be up to three times greater
than existing theoretical models predicted
prior to the
mission. With the amount of power generated being directly
proportional to the current, this bodes well for
technological applications."

"Reversing the direction of current flow puts the system
into an electric-motor mode,"
Stone explained. This harnessed
energy could furnish thrust for reboosting a space station,
satellite or Shuttle in a decaying orbit.
Surges
As mentioned earlier, conductive tethers have failed from unexpected current surges. Unexpected electrostatic discharges have cut tethers (eg. see Tethered Satellite System Reflight (TSS-1R) on STS-75), damaged electronics, and welded tether handling machinery. It may be that the Earth's magnetic field is not as homogeneous as some engineers have believed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrodynamic_tether

And http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/mis ... ts-75.html http://www.nss.org/resources/library/sh ... ttle75.htm

Also interesting to note the "conspiracy" theories out there like the tether indecent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFBUS0kiSA seems "someone" has worked out how to use "free" energy!

So all we have to do is learn how to jam protons, neutrons and electrons together into stuff we need, cos if all you need is electricity then see above :o
“Black holes are where God divided by zero.” – Comedian Steven Wright

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:23 am

No tethers, but seems like MIR had some visitors too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjk7uuSScI
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:14 am

Possibly of interest,

[url2=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 135049.htm]Professor Designs Plasma-propelled Flying Saucer[/url2]

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 am

GaryN wrote:No tethers, but seems like MIR had some visitors too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjk7uuSScI
I have seen that before....when I do see those images, I think of a fish tank...very very f*&^%$-UP.
How in the world the perculiar NASA videos on Youtube could be explained with ice crystals, is beyond me?
:roll:
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:20 pm

I think we must look at the idea of our reality being centered on a carrier wave of a particular frequency. Realities centered on another frequency would be invisible to us, just as radio or TV signals of different frequencies are invisible to each other. Only when we match our reciever frequency to an active carrier can we extract the information 'riding' the wave.
Maybe other realities are centered around frequencies determined by Phi? Perhaps they exist at octaves above or below us?
Both IR and UV sensitive devices detect odd phenomena, but until our military-industrial masters allow ownership and commercial production of such devices, we can not say(or see) exactly what is going on around us.
The NASA videos show 'near' UV, but here are a couple of IR clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJNaylricqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVa5rYKs ... re=related
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller