Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

DJunqueira

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread post by DJunqueira » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Sparky wrote:Gary, you have some interesting images in this thread. Saw this on the news, and thought that this was a good place to exhibit. ;)
The Richat Structure, or the Eye of the Sahara, is a 50-kilometer-wide (30 mile) circular feature in the world’s hottest desert. It’s made of concentric circles in various shades of blue and is best seen from space. For a long time, it was thought to be an impact crater, but recent research suggests that’s almost certainly not the case. The heat and pressure of a meteor strike leaves behind telltale compounds, including a form of silicon dioxide called coesite. The Eye has none.
Hi all, I'm new here than be gentle please ;)

I was looking for a crater similar to Richat Structure in Mars and came with this:
It is inside of Schiaparelli Crater. I find the perpendicular lines very similar to Richat Structure.
What do you think?

http://www.marsfromspace.com/portfolio/ ... li-crater/
At the address above is writen:
"Originally, this area—a crater within the larger Schiaparelli Crater— was targeted to investigate the circumferential layers that fill the crater, evidence for possible past deposition from airfall dust or even water."

I find it interesting because geologists tried the same explanation with the Richat structure.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 am

Hi DJunqueira,
What do you think?
Well, as Eric Dollard has shown, changing the pulse rate and bandwidth of a magnetic or dielectric discharge can affect the appearance of the tracks left behind. Similarly with the craters, we will see similarities, but perhaps never two that are identical, as the discharges will all have their own characteristics such as intensity and duration, and the nature of the surface and sub-surface material of the contact area will also produce variations.
With vertical discharging, the same seems to apply, as I have seen 3D models of silver deposits in Bolivian mines that show the shape of the silver veins, and they exhibit the same discharge appearance as surface tracks, except that they are 3 dimensional, like a branched corkscrew, widest at the top and tapering with depth.
My view is that none of the craters on Earth or other planets, moons, or even meteors and comets, are from impactors, as the only things that reach the ground are the shattered, melted and metamorphosed remains. With larger bodies, even a small potential difference can result in Coulomb forces sufficient to shatter them, and produce a discharge to the larger body. It is possible then, IMO, that most of the craters could be due to an approaching impactor, but not from physical contact, only electro-magnetic.
Mascons are another result of discharge (not just arc mode, but dark or glow mode too) rather than impact, and the Chelyabinsk meteorite is a small example of such effect, as anyone who tries to drop an object of similar mass and composition from 40,000 ft. onto a frozen, or even unfrozen lake, will end up with only tiny fragments, as it would shatter within the first couple of feet of the surface due to the deceleration shock.
That's my take on it, though as you may well notice, I might be considered a bit of an 'extremist' when it comes to my EU models. :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:06 pm

GaryN wrote:Hi DJunqueira,
Well, as Eric Dollard has shown, changing the pulse rate and bandwidth of a magnetic or dielectric discharge can affect the appearance of the tracks left behind. Similarly with the craters, we will see similarities, but perhaps never two that are identical, as the discharges will all have their own characteristics such as intensity and duration, and the nature of the surface and sub-surface material of the contact area will also produce variations.
With vertical discharging, the same seems to apply, as I have seen 3D models of silver deposits in Bolivian mines that show the shape of the silver veins, and they exhibit the same discharge appearance as surface tracks, except that they are 3 dimensional, like a branched corkscrew, widest at the top and tapering with depth.
My view is that none of the craters on Earth or other planets, moons, or even meteors and comets, are from impactors, as the only things that reach the ground are the shattered, melted and metamorphosed remains. With larger bodies, even a small potential difference can result in Coulomb forces sufficient to shatter them, and produce a discharge to the larger body. It is possible then, IMO, that most of the craters could be due to an approaching impactor, but not from physical contact, only electro-magnetic.
Mascons are another result of discharge (not just arc mode, but dark or glow mode too) rather than impact, and the Chelyabinsk meteorite is a small example of such effect, as anyone who tries to drop an object of similar mass and composition from 40,000 ft. onto a frozen, or even unfrozen lake, will end up with only tiny fragments, as it would shatter within the first couple of feet of the surface due to the deceleration shock.
That's my take on it, though as you may well notice, I might be considered a bit of an 'extremist' when it comes to my EU models. :D
Thanks for attention GaryN, the Chelyabinsk meteorite is really something to review when talking about impact to earth. This thing about electric universe is opening my mind on many subjects and is hard to understand how could so many scientist reject this proposal.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Aging Africa
By measuring 10Be and aluminum-26 (26Al) in exposed quartzites, Bierman and colleagues find that undeformed upland surfaces have changed little since the Pliocene, with minimum exposure ages averaging 1.3 million years and maximum erosion rates averaging 0.34 meters per million years, and no Quaternary movement on faults that displace the quartzite but not the silcrete-mantled pediment surfaces.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-08-aging-africa.html#jCp

So they are relying on provenly unreliable radiometric dating to support their model. I don't buy the slow model one bit, it was all "fast and furious".
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:28 am

I've watched this video on this page a few times, and I can't imagine how the shock from a hydraulic, or pneumatic, or even a gas explosion can create such a 'sharp' shock wave heard at the boat, and the shockwave in the air above the volcano.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/features/ ... n/33672914

There must be another mechanism causing the initial shock, and I am thinking the sound is more like I would expect from an electrical discharge.

Textbook theory behind volcanoes may be wrong
In the typical textbook picture, volcanoes, such as those that are forming the Hawaiian islands, erupt when magma gushes out as narrow jets from deep inside Earth. But that picture is wrong, according to a new study from researchers at Caltech and the University of Miami in Florida.
But now, thanks in part to more seismic stations spaced closer together and improved theory, analysis of the planet's seismology is good enough to confirm that there are no narrow mantle plumes, Anderson and Natland say. Instead, data reveal that there are large, slow, upward-moving chunks of mantle a thousand kilometers wide.
http://phys.org/news/2014-09-textbook-t ... g.html#jCp

So no thin mantle plumes, but a large diameter upwelling.
"What's new is incredibly simple: upwellings in the mantle are thousands of kilometers across," Anderson says. The formation of volcanoes then follows from plate tectonics—the theory of how Earth's plates move and behave. Magma, which is less dense than the surrounding mantle, rises until it reaches the bottom of the plates or fissures that run through them. Stresses in the plates, cracks, and other tectonic forces can squeeze the magma out, like how water is squeezed out of a sponge. That magma then erupts out of the surface as volcanoes. The magma comes from within the upper 200 kilometers of the mantle and not thousands of kilometers deep, as the mantle-plume theory suggests.
Tectonics to the rescue, if you believe in it. I'm leaning more to a much different model, with electricity involved of course. A discharge track through the layers of the Earth, ionising the magma and resulting in something like an explosive electron emission at the surface. Field emissions, or rather high-field emissions rather then the Schottky effect are involved I believe, but not sure of the details, need to read up on this to determine if it is at all possible.

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:28 pm

GaryN wrote:I've watched this video on this page a few times, and I can't imagine how the shock from a hydraulic, or pneumatic, or even a gas explosion can create such a 'sharp' shock wave heard at the boat, and the shockwave in the air above the volcano.
I don't have such a hard time believing that magma under enormous pressure, and being much hotter than the atmosphere, would have the capability of expanding at a speed that would be supersonic for the atmosphere.

But like you, I have difficulty believing that the whole thing is Newtonian.
But now, thanks in part to more seismic stations spaced closer together and improved theory, analysis of the planet's seismology is good enough to confirm that there are no narrow mantle plumes, Anderson and Natland say. Instead, data reveal that there are large, slow, upward-moving chunks of mantle a thousand kilometers wide.
Well, before they get really proud of themselves for thinking that they have discovered something, they might want to wonder how felsic (granite-like) lava erupts out of a mantle plume of any kind, when the mantle is mafic (basalt-like). :?

I believe that magma tubes go no deeper than the Moho, which I believe to be a supercritical fluid, kept hot by telluric currents across the boundary between the positively charged mantle and the negatively charged crust. And it really isn't that the magma is being pumped from the Moho, much less from deeper than that. Rather, some of the electric current in the Moho bleeds into the crust, following hairline fractures where the resistance is less. Such currents can melt the rock, which makes it a better conductor, which further encourages the current. If the current can propagate all of the way through the crust, there will be an eruption. But it isn't that magma is being pumped from below. Rather, lava is just the spatter out of the top of the molten discharge channel. Sustained eruptions are made possible simply because the thermal expansion coefficient of magma is such that its hydrostatic equilibrium is several kilometers above sea level.

The real question is, "What creates such a concentration of heat, all of the way through the crust, with magma hotter than even the Moho?" The Moho is thought to be around 900 K, while the temperature of near surface magma is typically around 1500 K. What's the heat source?

I "think" that the only answer is ohmic heating from an electric current.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:40 pm

I don't have such a hard time believing that magma under enormous pressure, and being much hotter than the atmosphere, would have the capability of expanding at a speed that would be supersonic for the atmosphere.
I'll re-run my wetware simulations Charles, maybe I missed something. :)
I "think" that the only answer is ohmic heating from an electric current.
Electricity is in there for sure, and ohmic heating to a point, but there is another process involved I believe, but not sure just what at present.

More butchering of textbook EM geomorphology:

The creation of the Vuoksi River preceded a significant cultural shift
After the end of the last ice age, post-glacial rebound caused the Earth's crust in eastern Fenno-Scandinavia to tilt, increasing the amount of water and size of the body of water that would later become Lake Saimaa. Approximately 6,000 years ago, the Salpausselkä ridge could no longer hold back the waters, which burst through and penetrated the glacial till and bedrock with incredible force. This created the Vuoksi River, and resulted in an approximately four-metre decrease in the water level of Lake Saimaa, revealing thousands of square kilometres of new land in Eastern Finland.
http://phys.org/news/2014-09-creation-v ... tural.html

Imatra rapids show, Finland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AVQCBt01cs

In my mind, this is a beautiful example of a discharge track having torn out the bedrock and forming the rapids. Regardless of how much water flow goes down the rapids, the rocks, other than the fines, do not move, and never have. I see exactly the same thing in my neck of the woods.
Post glacial rebound is an accepted, by mainstream geologists, process used to account for what they see now, but to me is another nonsense idea. How does a 5 mile deep (another presumption) layer of ice push down many miles of layered solid rock strata, whos natural shape is of many segments of arch, and we know just how strong arches can be. The strength of just an egg shell demonstrates just how much pressure can be applied before the shell breaks, so to think that miles of ice could press push down the Earths surface is, IMO, preposterous.
That the Earths surface or ocean bed has and still does rise and fall now and then, sometimes thousands of feet in a relatively short time, can not be denied, and has been recounted in legends from around the world. Plato and Atlantis is perhaps one of the better known accounts, and even the Bible tells of such catastrophic events. Some geologists who studied the reading of Edgar Cayce as regarding Earth changes went out and confirmed that indeed such changes had occurred, at the locations and within the time frames specified by Cayce. What seems to be common to all these changes is that the change was in altitude, not in horizontal position, so if "what was high becomes low, and what was low becomes high", then there may have been apparent horizontal movement when comparing before and after geography of Earth, but not actual horizontal movement.
The forces that cause such huge and rapid changes can not be from the processes favoured by standard geological models, and are most likely to be from electromagnetic processes as yet unrecognised and not understood even by EU catastrophists, and according to Cayce, the changes, including tilting of the Earths axis, must be seen to coincide with the Earths relationship to some of the other planets, Saturn and Venus in particular.
So some catastrophic events may result in the end of life on Earth, but Cayce also reminds us that life is "of the spirit", and as with Psalm 46 from the Bible, that we should not be fearful.

1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

And that concludes my sermon for today. :D

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:30 pm

My first effort at a video of one of the features of the Sooke Potholes, and getting it up on Youtube. Shot in 720p on a borrowed GoPro, so full screen looks OK. Theres hope for this old Ludite yet perhaps. :D
http://youtu.be/Buk2uLTaQL8
Should have been commenting as I took the video, will try to remember to do so next time.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 am

A very pretty area, with some interesting geology, Triglav National park in Slovenia:
The white on the bedrock along the Soca river is not the remains of some softer material that has been eroded/weathered away over millions of years, but is a surface modified by plasma. I see exactly the same effect in my local area, though I haven't had an analysis done on a sample.
More images of the area:
http://www.eventusmagazine.com/blog/pro ... rio-endara

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Geologists discover ancient buried canyon in South Tibet
The Yarlung Tsangpo Valley close to the Tsangpo Gorge, where it is rather narrow and underlain by only about 250 meters of sediments. The mountains in the upper left corner belong to the Namche Barwa massif. Previously, scientists had suspected that the debris deposited by a glacier in the foreground was responsible for the formation of the steep Tsangpo Gorge -- the new discoveries falsify this hypothesis. Credit: Ping Wang
http://phys.org/news/2014-11-geologists ... tibet.html

This is another example, IMO, of an electrically formed canyon where the dust and debris fell back into the canyon, and subsequent water flows then formed a channel in that debris. Their explanations, as with most others, make no mechanical sense and can not be simulated on a computer. But how could we tell if it was electrically formed? Does this image give any clues?
Looks electrical to me, but if it is, then the events that modified the Earths surface were indeed huge:
Bigger image:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _tibet.jpg

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Curiosity has witnessed some spectacular layered rocks - the consequence of past water activity
Some EM geomorphology from Mars I'd say, not water erosion and weathering. The layers are due to the nature of the event that created Mt Sharp, a plasma with a high frequency r.f. or microwave component. I expect we will see more evidence of EM modification as the rover progresses. The blowing sand on Mars is also not, IMO, due to millions of years of gradual weathering, and as on Earth, the chemical weathering is/was much more rapid than we are lead to believe, as the presence of electrical currents or surface 'winds' will speed up that weathering greatly. Shattering by electrostatic discharge creates the ragged chunks, and a strong electric field can remove surface material, or under some conditions, case harden it. Of course I can't say there has never been water on Mars, I just believe all the features discovered so far
could
be created by the EM forces.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 am

New, tighter timeline confirms ancient volcanism aligned with dinosaurs' extinction
A definitive geological timeline from Princeton University researchers shows that a series of massive eruptions 66 million years ago in a primeval volcanic range in western India known as the Deccan Traps played a role in the extinction event that claimed Earth's non-avian dinosaurs, and challenges the dominant theory that a meteorite impact was the sole cause of the extinction. Pictured above are the Deccan Traps near Mahabaleshwar, India. Credit: Gerta Keller, Department of Geosciences
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-12-tighter-ti ... d.html#jCp

The Deccan traps are one of my favorite formations, geologist have long puzzled over them, and are still no nearer the truth. Nowhere near a tectonic zone, and the vast extent would indicate that there must have been multiple sources, as basaltic flows could not have spread from a single source. No sources have been identified, so perhaps India passed over now defunct sources on it race northward. ;)
The mountains show the dendritic ridges similar to those seen extending down from crater rims on Mars, which to me suggest a downwards flow of dusty plasma. I read some of the page "Debunking the myths of Plate Tectonics", by S.W.Carey http://users.indigo.net.au/don/nonsense/ and in his expanding Earth model he says that mountains are not pushed up, and it was the erosion of material at either side of the mountains that formed them. Just plain nuts, IMO of course.
(There is another paper by a petroleum geologist who also questions the continental drift model, but it's behind a paywall. "Critique of Hypothesis of Continental Drift: GEOLOGICAL NOTES http://archives.datapages.com/data/bull ... 0/1354.htm )
The answer would seem to be the descending dusty plasma, which built up the mountains as the new strata were added. The dust specie will separate in a bulk plasma, so the dust would be entering in waves of material with differing properties.
The traps are also deep, about 2 kilometers, and this I believe can only be, if there are no source vents found, from the microwave nature of the plasma flow. Around 3.8 GHz should be capable of at least that depth of penetration and melting. Yes, maybe I am the one is plain nuts, but the Sun, even in it's stable state, does have microwave storms, so with the mega-CME, why not powerful enough to do just that?
And perhaps it was not then an impactor that ended the dinosaur age, and wasn't volcanoes either, but CME produced EM forces?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:33 pm

I see Steve Smith already did a TPOD of the Siberian traps, which from above shows the dendritic patterns
https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008 ... ntraps.htm
and the mountains show the same layered formation
Thought to have been initiated by colossal asteroid or gaping fissures in the crust, or a combination of both.
The Siberian traps are 4 times the area of the Deccan Traps, with a similar 2 Km depth.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Due to a very fortuitous meeting, I now have a geologist/petrologist willing to take a look at some of the landforms and features of the Sooke river Valley, the river and creek beds, and the rounded rocks found in association with these features. Turns out he has lived just a couple of hundred yards from me for over 30 years, but we had never met. A Canadian government geologist, recently retired into consulting work, and with some time to spare, and an interest in my very briefly conveyed to him alternative ideas on the creation of the landforms and the rocks. One of the studies he has done was to examine buckets full of rounded river rocks sent to him from many different locations, in order to classify their types and compositions, and I would think to try and determine their origins. Under my model, many and varied types of rounded rock can be created anywhere where the electro-magnetic forces are of the required nature, so any attemp to determine their origins may be futile. I am hoping to be able to look at his report, as the rounded rocks are a very important part of my proposal for the electro-magnetic method of creation of such rocks. I explained briefly my alternative model, and he didn't imediately laugh, though he may well have done once he was alone. :D
So far it is looking like a good year for such research, it has been a non-winter on Vancouver Island, very low snow pack, below average rainfall, and spring seems to be well under way, though there is still a chance for that to change. Already the rivers are quite low, concerning for water supply and salmon stocks, but great for river/creekbed exploration. I have already been out a few times, looking at some of the locations while the rivers and creeks are still running, and this is one of the locations I would like to hear the standard geological model of formation for:
The rock here is very hard, shiny and black, and no erosion whatsoever is evident, so to believe that glaciers or water or weathering could make the least impression seems a mechanical impossibility, IMO. All the rivers and creeks have many of these waterfall type formations along their courses, with very low slope segments between them, and even though the bedrock appears to be of a consistent type outside of the river/creek bed, the rock at each of these drops seems to vary greatly, suggesting high energy modification. Looking forward to having a standard model expert explain how they account for such formations.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 pm

~
GaryN » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:53 pm

Due to a very fortuitous meeting, I now have a geologist/petrologist willing to take a look at some of the landforms and features of the Sooke river Valley, the river and creek beds, and the rounded rocks...
Wow, what a stroke ! We want regular updates.

Re our earlier posts, have you yet taken the large hammer and safety googles to see if the hard rock is fine-grained like basalt or coarse like gabbro ?

btw, shame about that virgin forest heist up around the Potholes. Where were the tv cameras ...

http://www.cathedralgrove.eu/text/09-Re ... ries-2.htm