Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:25 pm

I managed to access 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 by downloading the sample pdf at this link:
http://www.springer.com/cda/content/doc ... -p29265935

“During the day, when the behavior of our device struck us, the sky was clear. But the
equipment with all due evidence demonstrated – electric storm got up in the atmosphere with an extremely high potential. What exactly, we were not able to detect because the device arrow went out of the scale limit immediately. And four hours later the Earth yawned. I thought at that time, maybe, the earthquake was the reason of the anomalous state of the atmospheric electric field”. The epicentral distance was 120 km, and the earthquake magnitude was 4.5.
One can observe the increase of the electric field up to the value of 770 V/m, and even a flip of the natural electric field direction at 04 LT to –280 V/m. The peak-to-peak variation of the electric field exceeds 1 kV/m.
I'm going to set up an electric field measuring device.

A simple atmospheric electrical instrument for educational use
http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0701296.pdf

For years I have noticed how some days my house can feel cold, especially the basement, and on other days it feels much warmer, even though my thermometer shows the same temperature. I have wondered if it had anything to do with the electric field, and now knowing that the field can flip polarity, I'm even more curious.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

432hz

Unread post by 432hz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:37 pm

GaryN wrote:

For years I have noticed how some days my house can feel cold, especially the basement, and on other days it feels much warmer, even though my thermometer shows the same temperature. I have wondered if it had anything to do with the electric field, and now knowing that the field can flip polarity, I'm even more curious.

I know the relative humidity can have a drastic effect on what a particular temperature "feels" like.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:43 am

I know the relative humidity can have a drastic effect on what a particular temperature "feels" like.
Yes, it certainly can, but my unheated basement slab temp and humidity remain pretty constant, around 11C and 60%, regardless of what is happening outside. I'm thinking it is more to do with electrons or IR photons, but am confused about the difference after reading that the electron is not a fundamental particle, but rather perhaps a spatio-temporal phenomena, a metaphysical event. The photon similarly is more of an event than a thing, but with a different spatio-temporal configuration.

Events vs. Objects
Although not undisputed, some standard differences between events and physical objects are commonplace in the philosophical literature. First, there is a difference in mode of being: material objects such as stones and chairs are said to exist; events are said to occur or happen or take place [Hacker 1982a; Cresswell 1986]. Second, there are differences in the way objects and events relate to space and time. Ordinary objects are supposed to have relatively crisp spatial boundaries and vague temporal boundaries; events, by contrast, would have relatively vague spatial boundaries and crisp temporal boundaries. Objects are said to be invidiously located in space—they occupy their spatial location; events tolerate co-location much more easily [Quinton 1979; Hacker 1982b]. Objects can move; events cannot [Dretske 1967]. Finally, objects are standardly construed as continuants—they are in time and persist through time by being wholly present at every time at which they exist; events are occurrents—they take up time and persist by having different parts (or “stages”) at different times [Johnson 1921; Mellor 1980; Simons 2000].
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/events/

Just thought I'd start out the New Year with a humdinger mad idea! :D
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:25 am

I don't think it's that uncommon for a sentient body to have a different response than a thermometer.
Have you ever correlated your changes in temperament to changing positions and phases of the moon ?
Works often for me.

btw, those thoughts on electron and photon aren't mad at all∞

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:48 pm

Have you ever correlated your changes in temperament to changing positions and phases of the moon ?
No, will do that though. I'd looked at barometric pressure and cloud cover, and certainly my upstairs ceiling (vaulted, not well insulated) does radiate cold (or suck heat out of me) on clear nights, which is IR photons heading for cold space.

I recently watched this video:(48 mins)
Mammoths and the Ice Age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jNFLiPaGY
Although some of his explanations sound rather feeble to me, his proposal of large amounts of dust
blanketing the Mammoths does seem reasonable, but the time required for aeolian processes to do the job would be far longer than his proposed time line would allow. Great floods had produced the fine particles for the dust. An electro-magnetic storm though could have produced all the materials thought to be from great flooding, by electro-static and electro-dynamic processes, stripping the fine dust and grains from the Earths surface rapidly, and moving that dust around by ion wind or plasma vortices, dust devils. The rapid cooling would be from incoming polar cold ions stealing the heat down to great depths, and giving charge at the same time, explaining the electric shock posture of some skeletal remains, the asphyxiation determined by some researchers, and the smashed and broken bones and debris from being hurled around by the great EM storms.
One thing that nobody has really explained to me though is how the vegetation returned after such catastrophic events. Surely it would all have perished, and any seeds buried deep by the same storms. They had all the seeds on their Ark too I suppose.
The religious Creationists will not even consider the EM catastrophism model, even though it would surely support their young Earth models. Their God ordained the destruction by his supernatural forces, and made the World new again, and made us in His image. I am forced to conclude that the religious God was rather a team of physical gods, far advanced scientifically and with the ability to perform works of engineering on the grandest of scales. We humans are mostly just gardeners, footmen, entertainers to these Gods, but I believe do have the ability to become as the Gods, once we learn to see beyond the mundane.

The tremor swarm seems to be working its way steadily south and east from southern Vancouver Island, heading down the Puget Sound towards Seattle maybe.
Be interesting to see if there are any EQs upcoming. I haven't found any information on if there are electric field measurements being taken locally, as if the electric field was found to increase in the preparation zone for up to a few hours (from 1.2.4 above) before an EQ, surely they should be looking. I have heard nothing about if any satellites, perhaps Military ones, recorded anything unusual at the time, surely there would have been something to detect??

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Just because it looks electrical doesn't mean it is, does it?
Bigger.
http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/DatabaseImages/ ... E-3380.JPG
Rock Springs area, Wyoming.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:50 pm

~

Correcto Mundo ! :D !
...by applying an alternating electric field across a chloroplatinic acid solution...
These structures show classical dendrite behavior with sidebranches that point in crystallographic directions, a regular spacing be- tween sidebranches, and a regular angle of 71 between stem and branch. The branching angle of 71 corresponds to the angle ...
https://www.princeton.edu/~spikelab/papers/072.pdf
The geometric complexity of stream networks has been a source of fascination for centuries. However, a comprehensive understanding of ramification—the mechanism of branching by which such net- works grow—remains elusive. Here we show that streams incised by groundwater seepage branch at a characteristic angle of 2π/5 = 72°. Our theory represents streams as a collection of paths growing and bifurcating in a diffusing field. Our observations of nearly 5,000 bifurcated streams growing in a 100 km2 groundwater field on the Florida Panhandle yield a mean bifurcation angle of 71.9° ± 0.8°. This good accord between theory and observation suggests that the net- work geometry is determined by the external flow field but not, as classical theories imply, by the flow within the streams themselves.
http://www.pnas.org/content/109/51/20832.full.pdf

http://fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Sect17/

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:58 pm

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 50 KiB.
grrrrr...

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi s, I found another book by Masse, it's on my want list, but I need to win the lottery first.
Myth and Geology
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/search?index=bo ... 1862392168
The full text, no images, is available here.
https://archive.org/stream/MythAndGeolo ... y_djvu.txt

From the preview on Amazon though, they calculated impact velocities for the big Campo del Cielo meteorite ranging from 1.7 to 4.3 km/sec, with an entry velocity of 22.8 km/sec.
But the terminal velocity of something that size and shape should be no more than .18 km/sec, according to the meteorite experts. Terminal velocity.
This would seem to be more a large iron-silicate concretion, formed by electrical means, and hitting the ground at the speed they claim for the meteorite, well, I don't think there would be anything left to find.
South America would seem to be where the first signs of a brewing electromagnetic storm should be seen. The South Atlantic Anomaly exists because of the nearness of the protons in the inner belt.
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/tour/tr11.gif
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/tour/AAvan.html
That volcanic activity would be greater during a solar storm would seem to make sense, as there could be a great increase in the density and energy of inner belt protons.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

This image shows electric forces at work. A skin on the bedrock is formed, possibly just by a strong electrostatic force, the darkened skin is ablated, that's how the dark sand is formed. When a dielectric breakdown of the bedrock occurs, then charge entering the conductive path and Coulomb repulsion will kick off a piece of rock. The lighter coloured middle feature shows the depth of the ablation skin, a crust, the lighter part is the plane of the dielectric failure. Here maybe a kicker, the lighter coloured piece at top centre looks like the piece kicked off the one below it, which is bedrock. All the angular pieces are electrically shattered. I see a lot of this fracturing and ejection around my place, and it was certainly not done by water.
Here's the full size image.
http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw ... XXX&s=1197
Nature at work on Mars, very nice. Looks like the trail of a small desert dweller crossing the ridges. ;-)
http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw ... XXX&s=1197

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Scientists question Tamil Nadu government's claim that meteorite blast killed bus driver in Vellore
A meteorite crashed into an engineering college in Vellore district on Saturday , causing an explosion that killed one man and injured three others, the Tamil Nadu government said on Sunday.
Scientists, however, said it wasn't clear how the government concluded that a meteorite strike caused the blast. There has been no established death due to a meteorite hit in recorded history, they said.
Witnesses said the blast left a crater 5ft deep and 2ft wide. Policemen recovered a black, pockmarked stone weighing 11g from the blast site.Police said Kamaraj went to wash his face at a tap near a water tank in the parking lot of the college when the explosion occurred around noon on Saturday .
Sounds like a lightning strike, the water tank and pipe offering a good grounding point. I'll be interested to see what they find out about the 'meteorite' composition, as I'd think this another example of a rock being formed at the pinch point of the discharge.

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:11 pm

I would like to share some images about geology.

Often geologists explain bizarre formations as a result of thousands of years of some sort of natural wear and tear, predominantly mechanical, now look at the similarity between the tree images below with the first being cyclically formed every year in the mountains of the Americas.

Penitentes, or nieves penitentes (Spanish for "penitent-shaped snows"), are a snow formation found at high altitudes. They take the form of tall thin blades of hardened snow or ice, closely spaced with the blades oriented towards the general direction of the sun.
The name comes from the resemblance of a field of penitentes to a crowd of people kneeling, as when doing penance. The name refers to the tall, pointed habits and hoods worn by brothers of religious orders in the Procession of Penance of the brotherhood to which they belong in Spain, in the processions of Spanish Holy Week. In particular the hats are very tall, narrow, and white with a sharp tip.
These pinnacles of snow or ice grow over all glaciated and snow-covered areas in the Dry Andes above 4,000 metres or 13,120 feet. They range in size from a few centimetres to over 5 metres or 16 feet.

The Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park is a national park located in Melaky Region, Madagascar. The national park centers on two geological formations: the Great Tsingy and the Little Tsingy. Together with the adjacent Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve, the National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Red Tsing nearby in Madagascar (Tks to Hannes Täger)

To what extent these tree formations are not linked by any electromagnetic phenomenon? This is a question yet to be answered since there are few researchers that take into account the electromagnetism. Micro-spikes on similarly form appear in materials like solar cells powered energy.

When a smooth surface of pure silicon is subjected to plasma etching under certain special conditions, it can spontaneously form a dense forest of microscopic spikes and holes, typically a few hundred nanometers across and a handful of microns high. As a result of this extreme roughness, light which is incident on the surface becomes trapped, and is eventually absorbed by the material, making it appear black to the naked eye. Beyond the many interesting physics questions this material raises (How does this happen? What determines the length scale?) this material has several potential applications, including the possibility for more efficient solar cells.

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Ferrofluid

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:55 am

Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve
Spent about an hour looking at that area and much of Madagascar on Google Earth, and the signs of electrical activity are everywhere, to my eyes anyway. Zooming way out and then slowly back down, the larger scale Lichtenberg figures stand out really well from certain altitudes. Closer in there are structures identical to what is seen on Mars, maybe I'll spend some time and grab a bunch of screen shots, the resolution on G.E. is really very good nowadays.
The diversity of effects that can be produced by electromagnetic forces has not been fully realised by many even in the EU community it seems, especially the scale of the events involved, as the magnitude of what has happened, and the seeming recentness of those events would surely have to lead to a very different interpretation of the origin, survival and development of life on Earth.
I realise that more conventional explanations and long periods of time might possibly produce the same observed features, through the suggested Constructal law processes, but my money is on rapid, high energy events.
Proof of such high energy events may be possible, and if I can come up with the money I will spring for a magnetometer from Alpha labs and try it out in my local area. My reasoning is that when the magma around here cooled it should have taken on the magnetic field present at the time, and that magnetic field would have a consistent orientation. If the high energy discharges I believe I see evidence for did occur, then the magnetic fields in the river and creek beds should show wildly erratic magnetic field signatures. The large scale lightning discharge and shattered rock piles I see should clearly show magnetic anomalies, and I am assured that the EM2 is sensitive to extremely weak fields.
With the exchange rate at the moment though, I'm looking at about 1.3 million Canadian pesos ;) to purchase the unit I think most appropriate, though they have lots of other devices available. Maybe someone with the relevant knowledge and experience would offer their opinion?
http://www.trifield.com/

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:39 pm

G,
Looks very portable. One 1/2 oz Au nugget and it's paid for, put it on the card. Who knows, might even find some bitcoins on the beach :)

Reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/EM2-Multi-Purpose ... B007APZ0IA