Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Gary,
I forgot to ask a while back, how did your presentation to the Salish go?
Were the elders able to add any color to the lacustrine "sea serpent" stories, etc.?
Any other serpent-like entities ?
No presentation so far, but I think the legends of serpents, dragons, snakes etc all point to electrical and plasma phenomena. Trying to describe some witnessed event when their vocabularies could only relate to similar things in nature makes the interpretation difficult, but the evidence I see in the rivers would seem to confirm an electrical process occurring.
Just found this legend on the formation of Lake Baikal, a Thunderbird it seems:
And among birds there was one, as big as a sturgeon. Its wings were huge and strong, and if it touched a tree, the tree would fall down with its roots up, and if it touched a rock the rock would fly to bits. The people were afraid of the bird, but they could not kill it as when it flew by, hot rays it eradiated, made hunters fall in a dead faint.
http://www.bww.irk.ru/baikalorigin/baikallegends.html
The correct equipment for analysing the river bed magnetism is what I need to figure out now, seems like I'll have to study up some. I did find this about a local Magnetic Observatory, so if I contact someone and explain what I'm attempting to do I might get some help or advice, or most likely they will just think I'm completely off my rocker! Electric currents in a river bed, really...
http://www.geomag.nrcan.gc.ca/obs/vic-en.php

by DJunqueira
I send a e-mail to Dr. Robert Schoch
Good idea. Surely someone must have the equipment, or the money (I sure as heck don't!) to perform what should be quick and decisive experiments which could probably be carried out just about anywhere in the world where electrical energies seem to have altered the landscape.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 pm

I got an interesting reply from Geomagnetism Canada already, with some info and advice on remnant magnetic fields. I only enquired about conventional lightning, not my proposed river bed discharges, don't want to scare them off just yet!
A compass should detect a change in magnetic field for about 1 metre around a lightning strike, so first will get a decent compass. The little key chain one I carry didn't do anything obvious when I was down in the river bed, maybe just not sensitive enough, and I never did try it on what I believe are lightning shattered rock outcrops in the hills.
In their surveys G.C. use a sun compass to determine true north, and then magnetic north, and if their equipment shows more than a 1 or 2 degree divergence from what it should show, they assume it could be due to lightning.
Obviously they are conventional thinkers when it comes to the geology in my area, and perhaps it wasn't all done by electrical forces, but I won't be satisfied till I understand this subject in more detail and have performed my own tests. Interesting stuff so far anyway.
"That being said, there are all sorts of processes that can make an outcrop fall apart like that. It could be a primary volcanic texture or a weathering pattern. The Metchosin volcanics were ocean floor (ophiolite) 50 million years ago that got pushed up onto land. They’ve been through a lot."
They certainly have, but by what process?
Keep me posted.
That's encouraging anyway.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:56 pm

GaryN wrote:by DJunqueira
I send a e-mail to Dr. Robert Schoch
Good idea. Surely someone must have the equipment, or the money (I sure as heck don't!) to perform what should be quick and decisive experiments which could probably be carried out just about anywhere in the world where electrical energies seem to have altered the landscape.
Two examples of hematite

The same mineral of the martian blueberries

So, could we find the same pointing formations on Mars?

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:05 pm

By the way, this dark version of hematite resemble me the dark material of 67P

Making a relation with the martian soil

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:13 pm

After all, what kind of material would be more attracted to the electric arc?
And a by product would be the hematite-blueberries falling from the sky.

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Hematite

Category: Oxide minerals
Formula: iron(III) oxide, Fe2O3

This oxygen could also be responsible for the HO in the cometary tail.

Hematite is a mineral, colored black to steel (like in the comets) or silver-gray, brown to reddish brown, or red (like in the experiment of C. J. Ramson). It is mined as the main ore of iron. Varieties include kidney ore, martite (pseudomorphs after magnetite), iron rose and specularite (specular hematite). While the forms of hematite vary, they all have a rust-red streak. Hematite is harder than pure iron, but much more brittle. Maghemite is a hematite- and magnetite-related oxide mineral.

Huge deposits of hematite are found in banded iron formations. Gray hematite is typically found in places that can have still standing water or mineral hot springs, such as those in Yellowstone National Park in North America. The mineral can precipitate out of water and collect in layers at the bottom of a lake, spring, or other standing water. Hematite can also occur without water, however, usually as the result of volcanic activity.

Ochre is a clay that is colored by varying amounts of hematite, varying between 20% and 70%.[5] Red ochre contains unhydrated hematite, whereas yellow ochre contains hydrated hematite (Fe2O3 • H2O). The principal use of ochre is for tinting with a permanent color. (Ochre was used to paint old electric phenomena in rocks)

The red chalk writing of this mineral was one of the earliest in the history of humans. The powdery mineral was first used 164,000 years ago by the Pinnacle-Point man possibly for social purposes. Hematite residues are also found in old graveyards from 80,000 years ago. Near Rydno in Poland and Lovas in Hungary, palaeolithic red chalk mines have been found that are from 5000 BC, belonging to the Linear Pottery culture at the Upper Rhine.

Hematite is an antiferromagnetic material below the Morin transition at 250 kelvin (K) or -9.7 degrees Fahrenheit (°F), and a canted antiferromagnet or weakly ferromagnetic above the Morin transition and below its Néel temperature at 948 K, above which it is paramagnetic.

The spectral signature of hematite was seen on the planet Mars by the infrared spectrometer on the NASA Mars Global Surveyor ("MGS") and 2001 Mars Odyssey spacecraft in orbit around Mars. The mineral was seen in abundance at two sites on the planet, the Terra Meridiani site, near the Martian equator at 0° longitude, and the Aram Chaos site near the Valles Marineris.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 pm

By the way, this dark version of hematite resemble me the dark material of 67P
67P may well be quite colourful under decent light, but there is next to no light out there.

The Martian blueberries I believe show the effects of a dense iron plasma having interacted with the surface, the iron plasma being from a CME. The iron at earths surface or near surface is likely from the same source, as is that on the Lunar surface. Iron was all supposed to have migrated to the core when the planets and moons were molten spheres, so why so much iron on the surfaces? It came from above, but from bombardment by iron rich meteors, or a very powerful CME?
We have very rich banded iron deposits on Vancouver island, from volcanic sources they believe, but some are found many miles away from what are believed to be extinct volcanoes, and I think there is circular reasoning going on here, they must have been volcanoes because there is banded iron, how else could it get there?
My model of Vancouver Island has the mountains built up, the granite peaks being morphed, and all the rivers and lakes being from EM forces on a scale we can not imagine. Metals are thought to be created by supernovae, but such events are much more likely, to me, to be mega CME events caused by a bursting of the iron/silicon boundary layer.
A major burst is also going to throw all the other ions out, and we have silicon next to oxygen, well, I wonder where silica might originate? Suns create matter, sometimes they have to get rid of it. Watch out solar system when they do.

DJunqueira

Unread post by DJunqueira » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 pm

GaryN wrote:
DJunqueira wrote:By the way, this dark version of hematite resemble me the dark material of 67P
67P may well be quite colourful under decent light, but there is next to no light out there.
But what about the comet passing near to the sun and having the corona starting to shine by the charge of the solar wind?
GaryN wrote:The Martian blueberries I believe show the effects of a dense iron plasma having interacted with the surface, the iron plasma being from a CME. The iron at earths surface or near surface is likely from the same source, as is that on the Lunar surface. Iron was all supposed to have migrated to the core when the planets and moons were molten spheres, so why so much iron on the surfaces? It came from above, but from bombardment by iron rich meteors, or a very powerful CME?
By saying that, you seams to agree with the accretion model to form planets, but if planets are created in a Z-pinch there is no need of volcanoes or comets and the center of the Earth may be even hollow.
Like a Moeraki boulder of New Zealand
Geologists 'assume' there is a iron core because they have a different reading when chock waves pass through the center of Earth, and then they apply the accretion model to justify iron being in the center of the planet and generating the magnetic field, but what if the magnetic field has another explanation? Like the plasma that surround Earth generate it as much as the plasma that, supposedly, surround a 'black-hole' generate mass/energy concentration and gamma ray and X-ray burst.
GaryN wrote:We have very rich banded iron deposits on Vancouver island, from volcanic sources they believe, but some are found many miles away from what are believed to be extinct volcanoes, and I think there is circular reasoning going on here, they must have been volcanoes because there is banded iron, how else could it get there?
And what about the Uluru/Ayers Rock in Australia, how to explain that with a volcano theory.
GaryN wrote:My model of Vancouver Island has the mountains built up, the granite peaks being morphed, and all the rivers and lakes being from EM forces on a scale we can not imagine. Metals are thought to be created by supernovae, but such events are much more likely, to me, to be mega CME events caused by a bursting of the iron/silicon boundary layer.
A major burst is also going to throw all the other ions out, and we have silicon next to oxygen, well, I wonder where silica might originate? Suns create matter, sometimes they have to get rid of it. Watch out solar system when they do.
To me this klerksdorp spheres resemble to much the Saturn moon Iapetus to be mere coincidence.
Iapetus

Moons, planets and stars must be made in a electric event, an exterior force, no need for iron core at the center of this bodies.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:20 pm

By saying that, you seams to agree with the accretion model to form planets, but if planets are created in a Z-pinch there is no need of volcanoes or comets and the center of the Earth may be even hollow.
I think there may be accretion and etching processes occurring during the same CME event. The maps of iron and titanium on the Lunar nearside look like a sputter deposition has occurred.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/ ... mg3_lg.gif
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/ ... mg4_lg.gif
Iron and titanium mix well, and titanium dioxide is found along with the iron on Vancouver Island too.
I agree with the possibility that the Earth (and Moon) may be hollow, as the shells may have formed in ways similar to processes being demonstrated in the lab with dusty plasmas. The klerksdorp spheres and Iapetus would seem to show the scalability of the formation process.

Here are a couple of pdf documents that I suspect are pointing in the right direction. Most think of plasmas as being hot, but space plasmas may well be cold. The shapes can be spherical, but shapes resembling some of the other objects seen in space, like oblate spheres, spheres with ridges or disks, rugby ball shapes, and also irregular shapes can be produced by altering the experiment variables.
Dense dust structures in cryogenic complex plasma
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.10 ... 012008/pdf
Coulomb Cluster in a Plasma under Cryogenic Environment
http://www.jspf.or.jp/JPFRS/PDF/Vol8/jp ... 8-0286.pdf
Coulomb spheres can also be multi-layered, but perhaps the layering we see on Earth is from later events than the formation one, building up the layers by repeated sputter deposition over time, though how long that time is would be impossible to say. The surface modification I see around here appears to be quite recent, so I suspect there have been many lesser magnitude solar events that were the basis of the legendary catastrophes. The ancient Greeks told of many past events, and warned that there were many more to come, and I don't doubt it.

willendure

Unread post by willendure » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:35 am

DJunqueira wrote: To me this klerksdorp spheres resemble to much the Saturn moon Iapetus to be mere coincidence.
I too find the similarity on different scales to be completely mind blowing.

There is even a known phenomena by which these spheres might have been shaped by plasma flowing over them. But I forget its name, anyone know?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

The ancient rotation of the Iberian Peninsula left a magnetic trace
The volcanic rock found in the south of León experienced a rotation of almost 60º 300 million years ago, an example of what could have occurred across the entire Iberian Peninsula when, in that moment, it was still being formed. This is demonstrated by the magnetic signals of its minerals, currently being analysed by researchers from the universities of Salamanca and Utrecht (The Netherlands). This discovery improves our understanding of a now-disappeared mountain range that stood over what is now northwestern Spain, France, and the southern United Kingdom.
http://phys.org/news/2016-03-ancient-ro ... -left.html

Well, I can think of another explanation.
I've been pondering ways to search for localised magnetic anomalies on the cheap. I'm going to conduct some experiments with a magnetised length of coat hanger wire and some cotton thread. :D

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Scientists gear up to drill into ‘ground zero’ of the impact that killed the dinosaurs
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/ ... -dinosaurs

This should be interesting to follow, but I am wondering if there is any way to scientifically determine if the cause was impact or EM forces?

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:51 pm

This should be interesting to follow, but I am wondering if there is any way to scientifically determine if the cause was impact or EM forces?
The inclusion of meteoric material ?

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 am

The inclusion of meteoric material ?
I'm wondering about meteoric material, could it perhaps not be from a meteor but produced in the discharge itself? If there are neutrons being created, then things get a little more complicated.

Lightning strikes produce free neutrons, and we’re not sure how
http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/03/ ... ightening/

The anomalies due to neutrons?

NICKEL ISOTOPE ANOMALIES IN METEORITES AND THE 60Fe-60Ni CLOCK.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metchr ... f/4015.pdf

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm

I've been pondering ways to search for localised magnetic anomalies on the cheap. I'm going to conduct some experiments with a magnetised length of coat hanger wire and some cotton thread.
Well that didn't work out very well, too finicky. Got a slightly better dollar store compass though and had a quick visit to the Potholes, and got some interesting if crude readings. There are variations in the field direction, as much as 90 degrees at one riverside location, but no obvious signs of iron.
One spot though was very interesting, a roughly 12 feet diameter bowl in the bedrock at the side of the river, with 2 egg shaped, 3 feet by 2 feet rounded boulders at the bottom, Between the boulders the compass locked, I turned 360 degrees and the compass pointed the direction I was facing. Then I noticed that the N was being pulled down so it touched the base, and could not move. I tried tilting the compass to level the needle, but on reaching a certain point, the S would be pulled down with an audible click, quite quickly, to touch the base again. I could not use the compass at all in that location, and it seems that there must be a fairly strong dip there. Believing that the rounded boulders are formed in situ, I suspect the bowl is where the material was removed and shaped into the boulders, a magnetic vortex perhaps, or twin vortices?
In my own tiny creek I found some deflection, but at just one very localised spot the compass needle was oscillating, about one per second, about 20 degrees each side of centre, and did not stop oscillating until I lifted the compass up and away from that spot. Explain that one! So in just a few minutes it is obvious there are anomalies, though in some of the most chewed up, irregular, melted looking spots the field was steady and N pointing. So if I had a sensitive detector, I'm not sure I could interpret the readings in a meaningful way. More experiments and observations required, and some fine, dry and warmer weather to lower the river level would help.