Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Electro-Magnetic Geomorphology

Unread postby GaryN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:24 pm

Here are examples which, to me, indicate just how ridiculous the standard models are when it comes to geomorhology.

Hickory Run State Park
The creation of the boulder field was by the continual freeze thaw process in the ridges southwest of the field.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickory_Run_State_Park

Hickory Run boulder field, Hickory Run State Park Pennsylvania
..‘impact boulder fields’, formed in small secondary impacts from material sloughed off from the primary comet impact which formed the 450 km diameter Nastapoka arc of lower Hudson Bay, 12.8 ± 0.15 ka.

https://snowballsolarsystem.com/boulder-fields-2/

The 12.8 ka date I would support, bu not the impact theory. There is only one force that can produce such features.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller
GaryN

Unread postby GaryN » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Wish I could have had a closer look at this supposed glacial erratic.
Clicking the image at the site gives a better look at the streaks.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acier.html
It appears to my biased eyes that the vertical streaks of material leading down to the strata containing the boulder would have been current channels, and that this boulder would have been formed in place, as are many or perhaps all of the erratics found above or below ground.
That these large erratics, often with very smooth surfaces are the result of this boulder having been rounded and smoothed by traveling hundreds or thousands of miles in a glacier or by mega floods from glacial dam bursts, well, I don't believe it. They would have been scratched, gouged, chipped or broken by other rocks.
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller
GaryN

Unread postby GaryN » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:07 pm

How did these giant boulders get here?
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/11/ ... s-get-here
So boulder deposits are found on shorelines around the world. This is to be expected if all the shorelines have been subject to great electromagnetic forces that can shatter and eject the blocks. The model I see is that the ocean and other water surfaces become extremely highly charged when a major solar storm is in progress, and an intense double layer forms close to the surface. The electric field is strong enough to fracture and shatter rock, which is then tossed by the Coulomb force. Similar forces also created all the rounded pebbles, cobbles and boulders found on the beaches and along the rivers, and the rivers flowing to the sea themselves created when the charge on the ocean surface 'breaks out' and climbs the valleys to find a source of electrons from the hill and mountain peaks which will naturally have the greatest electron density.
The Earths surface has been altered many times, and at each event the shorelines would have been eroded back further, and the ancient shorelines the standard model geologists have identified are indeed ancient shorelines, but have not been formed by the constant wave action of the sea level of the time, but the action of successive electromagnetic events.
The shape of the continents then has nothing to do with continental drift, tectonics, a growing Earth, but all by electromagnetic forces, and IMO, all due to the cyclic nature of the severest of solar storms. My reasoning suggests events roughly every 3200 years, and that another such event is likely any time between now and the next 2-300 years. The events may vary in magnitude and location, sometimes localised, sometimes global, as Solon learned from the ancient Egyptians, and that sometimes there were no survivors. Have a nice day. :D
GaryN

Previous

Return to New Insights and Mad Ideas