The Moon and Biological Rhythms

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

htert2020

The Moon and Biological Rhythms

Unread post by htert2020 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:59 am

I am trying to develop a reasonable hypothesis that can explain how biological organisms can detect the lunar cycles of the moon.

I have run into many peer-reviewed journal articles demonstrating a diverse range of biological species reacting to the various phases of the moon -- most notably the new moon and the full moon. Such detection often occurs in an organ of the brain called the pineal gland. The lunar cycle has been shown to influence such biological processes as female menstruation and ovulation. Hospitals, police departments, and mental institutions have been known to experience unusual events at the time of full moon. In the pineal gland, certain populations of cells have been shown to have enlarged nuclei compared to other populations of cells during full-moon and new-moon days [1]. Such enlargement of nuclei occurred only during the daylight hours and not at night.

What can explain such biological effects? What is so special about the positions of the moon at full-moon and new-moon? At new moon, the moon is situated directly between the sun and the Earth. At full moon, the moon is directly behind the Earth from the viewpoint of the sun.

In trying to answer this question, I first considered and ultimately rejected the possibility of the moon's gamma rays penetrating through the Earth's atmosphere to reach biological organisms. I rejected this possibility because gamma rays indeed cannot penetrate Earth's atmosphere, no matter how intense they are. In addition, the moon's gamma rays are an energetic reflection of ambient cosmic rays, and not a reflection of anything from the sun.

Then I considered the increase in electrical voltage of the moon due to Earth's magnetotail during the full moon. This would create an electric field that can potentially be felt by biological organisms on Earth. The moon would be positively charged. Perhaps the Earth is negatively charged in relation to the full moon. However, I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with this explanation. Such electric field, if it exists, would probably be very small. If not, scientists and their orbital satellites would have detected it already. And from a biological standpoint, I'm not sure how a cell would be able to detect such a small electric field.

Then there's the moon's effects on ionospheric currents. I've read that the moon does affect ionospheric currents, and these can affect magnetometer readings on the ground. In fact, one paper I've read reports that such geomagnetic variations by the moon occur on a daily basis [2]. However, I'm not looking for daily lunar events. I'm looking for monthly lunar events. For, the light/dark cycle is known to regulate the daily circadian rhythms of the pineal gland of the brain. If the full moon can affect geomagnetic activity, how does it do it? Can the full moon cause the Earth's magnetic field at the ground level to fluctuate at such great speed as to induce electrical currents in the nerve-like cells of the pineal gland? If so, what would be the pattern of such magnetic fluctuations? Such patterns would have to be recognizable by biological cells.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

----------
References:
[1] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1181 ... d_RVDocSum
[2] http://www.springerlink.com/content/w167775878880338/

kevin

Re: The Moon and Biological Rhythms

Unread post by kevin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:54 am

htert2020,
Hello,
I would recommend looking through many of the various threads upon here, and in particuler the ones relating to the aether.
If You were to consider that there is an all permeating aether, and that it has a duality of condition.
That each created sphere in universe has it's own series of circulating flows of this aether about it, and to be specific, our star, the sun has it's own circulations, and that the planets etc are a consequence of these and are part of those circulations.
that each of all the spheres also has it's own circulations relative to it's self.
You therefore have the planet earth in a circulation about the sun, with the moon in a circulation about the earth, and the moon has it's own circulation.
Then consider that everything to do with creation on the surface of this planet is a consequence of the interactions and interferance patterns relative to those three spheres in particuler, but obviously also at the fluctuations relative to all the other close by spheres which also have these circulations relative to themselves.
Above all of that is more and more larger such circulations of the aether relative to other stars and galaxy, and that will be subjected to even larger circulations in universe.
All of this could be called, "Spooky things at a distance"
if you didn't dare confront this whole concept.

To concentrate on the moon though is the best clue , imo, as I consider we and all life here has modulated to the cyclic rythms of the interferance patterns created by the apparent movement of the spheres.
I say "apparent"
because I consider an illusion is central to the actual understanding, and that is basically that it is the movement of the aether that creates everything, including an apparent movement of the spheres, and of course it is all persuassive to our dominant senses and sciences, but it's illusion.
I do not consider that the spheres are not moving as per accepted, but that the reason is to do with nothing actually been anything other than the aether in different states of dimensions, we are in and part of 3D, and the whole condition is one of constant on/off switching powered through the dimensions by the aether that is eveything, and that all that appears as solid and living are in fact constantly been created and dissolved in continuum, and are then altering in a continuum that is so fast that we cannot comprehend of it, but over vast distances do "SEE"the result as movement in particuler.
Thats where the moon is very central to the understanding, as it appears to us to not turn, which is a consequence of it's geometric position of creation in the vicinity of the circulations about this planet.
it is what it is, to all intent and purpose it is circulating, but because our wits and knowledge base is too simple we cannot comprehend of the overall system, thus we assign the consequences to the observed , which leads us nowhere.
I am a dowser, and can follow these flows closest to the surface, I note the constant alterations especially relative to the moon and sun, as Yesterday in respect of solstice (sun-still)

I consider all the megalithic sites where built by people who could comprehend somewhat of this inter-connection between dimensions, and all the myths and such are tales of the consequences of this electrically driven universe, it is almost beyond comprehension, but hopefully you are viewing a site working towards this, and I commend it's content and people to you, there is so much to learn, good luck.
kevin

htert2020

Unread post by htert2020 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:53 pm

kevin,

Thanks for the reply. So you're saying that biological organisms on Earth can somehow sense the location of the moon relative to the Earth by sensing its surrounding ether. How would a cell or organism be able to detect it? Would it somehow send out an electromagnetic pulse to test the speed of light in the present medium?

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 am

This is from my Dreamspell Calander Thread
The 28 Day, 13 Moon Cycle of Lunar Energy

There is another Energy Cycle which comes to us from The Moon. This cycle takes 28 days to complete and 13 complete cycles occur each year. When you multiply 13 times 28, the result is 364. Since there are 365 days in one orbit of the Earth around the Sun, there is an extra day following the completion of the 13th Moon called "A Day Out of Time". This is a day to meditate, relax, and contemplate the upcoming year.

The names of the 13 Moons are the same as the names of the days of the 13 day Galactic Cycle (see 13 Galactic Cycle). The days within each cycle are numbered from 1 to 28. For example, the day Electric 14, is the 14th day of the 3rd Moon (Electric).

When scientists measure the cycle of the moon, they come up with the 'fact' that it takes 29.53059 days of linear time for one complete cycle of the moon as we observe it. Actually, it takes 27.33 days for the Moon to orbit the Earth, but the Earth is moving with respect to the Sun so the combined movement results in 29.53 days. If you work through the calculations, this indicates that there are about 12.368 observed lunar cycles in a 365.25 day year, but the moon orbits the Earth 13.36 times per year.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:02 am

htert2020,
I noted in one of your links, reference to the gravity of the moon been sited as a cause of the consequences.
If You read many of the threads upon here You will find that there are some upon here, especially myself that doubt there is any force called gravity, but that instead gravity is a consequence , not the cause of consequence/s.

It is only natural to assign the consequence to the apparent cause as there is this big rock seemingly floating about in nothing, hence it must be the cause.

As an alternative, and the possible reason for the consequences that You are seeking the answers to, think of the mass of the moon Yes been a cause of an alteration, but that the substance as such that it interferes with is the circulating aether flows, You know that when the moon is full that there is more light, and the normal explanation for that light will be that it is reflected off the moon and is from the sun.
Well I in my little opinion would propose that the light uplift here when the moon is full is local to here caused by the alteration in flow patterns to the aether circulations because of resistance created by the mass of the moon to the aethers free flow through the moon.
And that the light here said to be from the sun is similer and is not generated in any way by the sun, but that the sun is so huge a resistor to the free flow of the aether through it, that the resultant alteration in wave front patterns between the earth and the sun cause light to be released locally here.
I would further propose that the sun is simply at the geometric central point of a huge geometric point , as will all the stars, and that in scale the flows of the aether are geometrically orientated and produce the illusion that the sun generates light.
Whatever cyclic patterns are relevant here on the surface of this planet are, I consider all life here modulates to be in accordance with the ebb and flow of the pattern changes, and only in times of sudden vast changes is the stress too high for life to modulate to the change/s.
I have often watched the well levels raising and falling in ryhthm with the moon, and I find it's highest influence at quadreture, not at full or when it's directly between the sun and earth.
It is the aether that is the manifesting power, and it's duality is at the core of this, with the balance between it's two opposites been the creator and dissolver of all.

It is breaking free from the material been the cause of the percieved that is difficult, because to our dominant senses and sciences, it appears as the only answer.
This is why they have this big bang sillyness, they need the material to be first to fit the picture that is painted as real, I propose it's a fake picture, and that the matter and mass are a consequence of the aether, and that the aether is altered upon geometry of spiral nature that is almost beyond explanation, but if we concentrate on any level in scale of this geometry, it will expand outwards and contract inwards in scale relative to where ever the observer is positioned, thus universe is relative to that point not as now percieved where the stars and planets are the dominant and cause of interactions, they are a consequence that acts symbiotically with what makes and maintains and destroys it.
Kevin
Kevin

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:26 pm

http://www.kjmaclean.com/WebMovie/HEF.html
Now we have two particles which MUST have different masses. They have different masses because the particles are discrete. If they were exactly the same they would be the same particle.

This is what is meant when it is said "two particles cannot occupy the same space at the same time." It's just another way of saying, "any two particles must occupy different locations."

Because their masses are different, there is a relationship between them which involves movement. Think of the earth-moon system. The moon does not revolve around the earth -- the earth and moon revolve about each other. The center of gravity of the earth-moon system is somewhere within the earth. In other words, there is a pivot point within the Earth around which the dual-planetary system of the Earth and the Moon rotates. (This pivot point is called the barycenter). Think of dancing. When you twirl your partner about you, you feel a pull from her and she feels a pull from you. Say you both hold hands with arms extended and begin to rotate. Now you are both inextricably tied together, for if one of you lets go, both of you will go flying. The only way to extricate yourself is to stop moving.

But two particles cannot remain motionless relative to each other. There is a slight imbalance owing to their different masses. Both particles will sort of orbit around each other, seeking balance. They can always find a dynamic balance in their dancing around each other, but never one which does not involve movement. Therefore anything which exists is in motion and seeking balance.

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:27 am

http://74.125.45.132/search?q=cache:g3w ... d=14&gl=us
Most people never consider that we see proof of this balanced interplay between gravity and levity every day. Think about conventional ideas of gravity for a moment; it is believed to be a force that causes two objects to be attracted to each other. If this is the only force that exists, then we should expect that when two objects get close enough to experience gravitational attraction to each other, they will literally come into contact with each other. However, all you need to do is look up at the Moon on any given night, and you can see the proof that this is not what happens! We know that the Moon has enough of a gravitational pull that it can cause the oceans to move, forming the tides on the Earth, and yet it always maintains a perfect distance from us with an ongoing and even orbital motion. To put it bluntly, if there wasn’t a constant push-pull of gravity and levity moving between the Earth and the Moon and balancing their positions, they would have crashed into each other long ago!

Another piece of evidence that is so often overlooked is with our satellites. There is a spherical band around the Earth in which objects can float indefinitely. While they are in this area, they will not drift away from the Earth, but they also will not drift any closer to the Earth. In this energy belt, all of our satellites are placed, so that many of them do not require any propulsion systems to stay in orbit; once they’ve been put there, they will stay there indefinitely, and any propulsion systems are only needed for slight changes in movement, if at all. This area could not exist if gravity was simply a one-way force. And now we have a problem with “space junk” that floats around in this energy layer, due to the fact that it never goes away; everything that has ever been released in this area is something that can potentially collide with satellites and other objects. Many satellite observatories on Earth actively track the larger pieces of space junk to avoid damage to their equipment, and it is becoming more and more publicly known that this is growing into a very real problem that will need to be dealt with in the not-too-distant future.

Furthermore, recent advances in “Big Bang” cosmology theory have essentially come to the irrefutable conclusion that levity must push between large-scale structures in the Universe in order for them to be able to repel each other without colliding. So here again, we have an example of how thoughts are changing, but this line of reasoning has not yet worked its way back to our own local area and theories of Earth’s gravity.

Downward from the Earth’s surface, [gravity’s] primary differentiation with depth is accompanied by the progressive decline to zero of the force of gravity at the center of the Earth. Normal gravitational force, downwardly directed, is replaced by a reversed upwardly directed force at depths greater than 2,700 kilometers (1,678 miles), which would pull matter away from the core. This is especially true because the core is now known to be much hotter than previously thought.

This is why research involving deep mines and boreholes has shown different values for gravity with depth. In fact, a person deep within a mine weighs less than that same person on a mountain top. Moreover, those scientists studying the phenomena have called for a new model of the Earth, but long-held theories are not easily dismissed. As a result, the phenomena has been virtually ignored

htert2020

Unread post by htert2020 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. Based on online research, I have developed the following hypothesis.

Apparently both the sun and moon influence the electromagnetic environment of biological life on Earth's surface. For example, the static geomagnetic field isn't the only thing affected by solar storms. Solar storms also affect the ambient, background electromagnetic radiation called Schumann Resonances [1]. Schumann Resonances are extremely faint, background electromagnetic waves with frequences ranging from 3-100 Hz and which peaks around 7.83 to 14 Hz. They are generated by the thousands of lightning strikes around the world every second. Electromagnetic radiation generated by a lightning strike repeatedly bounces between the surface of the Earth and the bottom of the ionosphere. These oscillatory bounces correspond to the Schumann Resonances. Today, Schumann Resonances are commonly measured at weather stations around the world.

During a solar storm, the Schumann frequencies increase in value due to the thickening of the ionosphere. A thicker ionosphere necessarily means increased Schumann frequencies because the distance between the Earth's surface and the bottom of the ionosphere decreases. This increase in frequency can be detected by biological organisms. As shown by Wever in 1968, human biological rhythms synchronize to the Earth's electromagnetic fields [2]. In Wever's experiment, human subjects were shielded from all natural electromagnetic fields. As a consequence, their daily circadian rhythms became desynchronized. But in the presence of a 10 Hz electromagnetic field generated by the experiment, their circadian rhythms were resynchronized to the 10 Hz wave.

It is entirely possible, then, that much of our biological rhythms, including circadian rhythms, are largely influenced by variations in the natural Schumann resonances of the environment -- particularly variations in the peak Schumann frequency. In turn, fluctuations of the peak Schumann frequency are largely influenced by solar storms, seasonal positions of the Earth, and daily/monthly positions of the moon. For, all those variables affect the distance between the Earth's surface and the bottom of the ionosphere, which in turn, affects the Schumann frequencies. It is well known that the moon causes daily tidal effects on the ionosphere. A monthly lunar signature on geomagnetic activity has also been found [3].

These periodic variations in geomagnetic activity and Schumann frequencies may be detected by magnetite-bearing cells of the pineal gland in humans. Astronomical events such as the positions of the sun, Earth, and moon are more reliable timekeepers than temperature-dependent biological processes. Thus, the circadian oscillations of clock genes in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus are only secondary to the primary timekeeper: celestial events. This celestial-based clock is what controls the timing of childhood growth, puberty, adulthood, menopause, andropause, and aging of the organism. Indeed, experiments in which the pineal glands of young mice have been knocked out resulted in premature aging, whereas pinealectomy at old age resulted in significant prolongation of lifespan [4].

The precise molecular mechanism by which human cells can detect electromagnetic waves at precise frequencies is anyone's guess. But here's one to chew on. It is hypothesized that pinealocytes bearing magnetite can detect electromagnetic waves of various frequencies. The wavelike behavior of electromagnetic waves cause the magnetite to oscillate, for electromagnetic waves consist of a magnetic component. Such mechanical oscillations necessarily cause acoustic vibrations in the cell in much the same way that sound can travel through water. Since cells contain mostly water, these mechanical vibrations are in fact, sound waves of extremely low amplitude. As the sound waves travel throughout the cell, various proteins or organelles with resonant frequencies that match the frequency of the sound waves perceive the sound waves as a signal. Consequently, chemical or enzymatic pathways can then be activated to forward the message to the nucleus. The precise length of the magnetite determines to which precise frequency it is capable of oscillating. For example, a magnetite particle that oscillates to 15 Hz electromagnetic waves is longer than that which oscillates to 8 Hz. Magnetite particles have been found all over the outer surfaces of the human brain as well as in other tissues of the human body. Some people claim that the calcite crystals in the pineal gland are responsible for detecting external electromagnetic waves. However, most of the calcified concretions in the pineal gland result from the aging of the gland in much the same way that calcification can build up and eventually clog an old metallic water pipe. Children have essentially no calcification of the pineal gland; adults typically have such calcifications, which generally increase with age. These calcifications are crystalline in nature. Thus, from my own personal research, it remains unclear whether a small minority of these calcite crystals exist from birth and hence, are functionally responsible for detecting electromagnetic waves.

Perhaps a more exquisite molecular mechanism for detecting electromagnetic waves is a proven phenomenon called brainwave entrainment (Googlable term). In brainwave entrainment, brainwave frequencies can mimic the frequencies of external electromagnetic waves -- particularly the peak Schumann frequency. Such mimicry is not absolute; it is only a tendency. An organism can override such mimicry in response to a multitude of other external situations. If the peak Schumann frequency is 15 Hz, the brain will "feel like" producing a brainwave of 15 Hz. Overriding this frequency requires more effort from neurons. A brain's brainwave frequency is the average firing frequency of the neurons of the brain. That is, a higher brainwave frequency means that the probability of any given neuron to fire in response to neurotransmitters is increased. This can, in turn, affect the firing frequency of pinealocytes in the pineal gland, for pinealocytes are semi-neurons which fire in response to neurotransmitters. An increased firing frequency can be detected by the pinealocytes, which in turn, can signal the nuclei that a timing event has occurred.

In modern-day environments, Schumann resonances have to compete with communications technologies and the electric power grid. For this reason, Schumann resonances may be best detected in rural environments using highly sensitive antennas. By contrast, a cell can easily detect these weak Schumann resonances because the molecules and other structures of the cell are small. Thus, the slightest electromagnetic wave can significantly impact a tiny molecule, protein, or organelle in relation to the size of the cell.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonance
[2] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1182 ... rom=pubmed
[3] http://www.springerlink.com/content/w167775878880338/
[4] http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17499548

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Nice stuff. I use brainwave entrainment tools for consciouness exploration and induction of whole brain states.
I have always been a walking compass. That has never left me. I seem to be a homing pidgeon. I can find anyplace twice in the bush. I never have the need of a GPS or compass. I use the moon, planets at night and the sun by day. I need no watch or calander. I am a druid by timekeeping, I celebrate the solstice and equinox. The pineal gland and the sound wave information is quite interesting and is nice quantum biology. I like it. We are linked to our cycles with the moon and the sun, ask any married man or a shift worker.
;)
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

soulsurvivor

Unread post by soulsurvivor » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:10 am

That's a new thought for me. I've just realized that I've never been lost. :P