Fact or Friction?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

flyingcloud

Fact or Friction?

Unread post by flyingcloud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 am

Ok so I'm not sure where this fits best so here looked like a good place for it.

I've seen considerable variation in the concept of friction. I want to explore the cause and effect aspect as related to electromagnetism, gravity, strong/weak forces and their appropriate derivatives.

If I take two pieces of wood and ferociously rub them together perhaps with the aid of a bow the friction created produces heat. Heat falls within the electromagnetic spectrum in the wavelengths directly below visible light. Infrared. Friction can produce elegtromagnetic energy, varying intensities will be realized with changes of pressure, temperature, and vacuum availability.

As I continue to prduce additional friction the wood begins to smolder, and glow the visible clues to the begining of a chemical reaction. Carbon and oxygen combine producing fire. Friction causes visible light, higher frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum. Friction causes chemical reaction.

A little more friction and some more oxygen results in full on fire in a chemical chain reaction. Fire is plasma. Friction causes plasma. More on this on the atomic level in future posts...

piezoelectric properties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectric

I have a bunch of quartz in my region, facinating crystal
With a small applied force, an electrical potential is produced, new technology utilizes this property in nano tech for a mechanical low voltage generator.

Mechanical stress causes friction, rocks get squeezed, produce electric potential. relating to the electromagnetical relationship with earthquakes.

Friction is possible independent of gravity, but not independent of electromagnetic charge.

Friction is not a fundamental force, it is derived from electromagnetic force. The electromagnetic force, the electric potential doesn't exist until friction is applied. Chicken, egg?

altonhare

Re: Fact or Friction?

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:00 am

Well, what is the physical explanation for "electromagnetic" force?
Physicist: This is a pen

Mathematician: It's pi*r2*h

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:41 am

altonhare wrote:Well, what is the physical explanation for "electromagnetic" force?
Rabbits, Mr Hare, Rabbits.
:roll:

Friction was properly quantified by APM,
so your right on the money.
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:11 am

junglelord wrote:
altonhare wrote:Well, what is the physical explanation for "electromagnetic" force?
Rabbits, Mr Hare, Rabbits.
:roll:

Friction was properly quantified by APM,
so your right on the money.
I can count dead and live deer at different times of year and quantitatively correlate the time of year with the population of live and dead deer. I have "quantified" the problem. I have not answered "why do the deer populations fluctuate?" Numbers have no power to answer this question. To answer this question we need a hypothesis (like a wolf), one or more concept(s) (wolf kills things to stay alive, if it doesn't kill enough things it dies) and a physical explanation (wolf kills deer to live, when it kills a lot of deer there are more wolves which kill more deer and reduce the number of deer, reducing the number of wolves, etc.).

Using this physical explanation, we explain the observation that the populations fluctuate.

So, "proper quantification" doesn't tell us why. Only a physical explanation can tell us why. Quantification by itself is just a mathematical correlation without understanding.

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am

sounds like someone needs to rub off a few electrons

where's my rubber rod and rabbit fur

but that's friction too

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am

I wonder if TT is combustable?
Being a lot of hot air, I would think so.
Probably ignite like the Hindenburg.

If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:39 am

flyingcloud wrote:sounds like someone needs to rub off a few electrons

where's my rubber rod and rabbit fur

but that's friction too
What is physically happening when you rub the rod with the fur?

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:50 am

exchange of electrons,

what keeps my fire going,
what attracts more oxygen?

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am

flyingcloud wrote:exchange of electrons,

what keeps my fire going,
what attracts more oxygen?
Okay, electrons go from one material to the other. What is an electron then?

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:25 am

buy a dictionary

altonhare

Unread post by altonhare » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 am

flyingcloud wrote:buy a dictionary
Also called negatron. Physics, Chemistry. an elementary particle that is a fundamental constituent of matter, having a negative charge of 1.602 × 10−19 coulombs, a mass of 9.108 × 10−31 kilograms, and spin of 1/2 , and existing independently or as the component outside the nucleus of an atom.

Okay. It's a "fundamental constituent", essentially a discrete continuous ball. Why would a discrete ball jump from one material to another? Why does it stick to any material for that matter? Is the electron ball physically connected to the materials? If so how does it decide which material to remain close to if it's connected to both?

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Priceless!
Totally pawned the troll.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

flyingcloud

Unread post by flyingcloud » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:15 pm

altonhare wrote:
Okay. It's a "fundamental constituent", essentially a discrete continuous ball. Why would a discrete ball jump from one material to another? Why does it stick to any material for that matter? Is the electron ball physically connected to the materials? If so how does it decide which material to remain close to if it's connected to both?
thanks for the definitions, the masses it's always about the masses

to fill the void
friction makes it stick, it,s not the only thing sorta like those pictures from that dude with the four hands drawing each other, those are the four forces, nothing to speak of the parallel, like the steps that lead to nowhere, m c escher?
the largest cummulative need, it shares.

friction as a unit, that may hold some merit
it does have value, it can be accumulated

temperature change is signifigant, especially in insanely short intervals

thanks JL

need to wrap my mind around this aether substance, and photons have my attention as well
time, time, time

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Junglelord, what is an alton hare? Please tell me if he's a fact or a friction?

mague

Unread post by mague » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:02 am

flyingcloud wrote:Ok so I'm not sure where this fits best so here looked like a good place for it.

I've seen considerable variation in the concept of friction. I want to explore the cause and effect aspect as related to electromagnetism, gravity, strong/weak forces and their appropriate derivatives.

If I take two pieces of wood and ferociously rub them together perhaps with the aid of a bow the friction created produces heat. Heat falls within the electromagnetic spectrum in the wavelengths directly below visible light. Infrared. Friction can produce elegtromagnetic energy, varying intensities will be realized with changes of pressure, temperature, and vacuum availability.

As I continue to prduce additional friction the wood begins to smolder, and glow the visible clues to the begining of a chemical reaction. Carbon and oxygen combine producing fire. Friction causes visible light, higher frequency on the electromagnetic spectrum. Friction causes chemical reaction.

A little more friction and some more oxygen results in full on fire in a chemical chain reaction. Fire is plasma. Friction causes plasma. More on this on the atomic level in future posts...

piezoelectric properties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectric

I have a bunch of quartz in my region, facinating crystal
With a small applied force, an electrical potential is produced, new technology utilizes this property in nano tech for a mechanical low voltage generator.

Mechanical stress causes friction, rocks get squeezed, produce electric potential. relating to the electromagnetical relationship with earthquakes.

Friction is possible independent of gravity, but not independent of electromagnetic charge.

Friction is not a fundamental force, it is derived from electromagnetic force. The electromagnetic force, the electric potential doesn't exist until friction is applied. Chicken, egg?

Hello flyingcloud,

sorry for quoting it all, but i couldnt make my mind up :)

Your approach is not correct. If you want to learn about cause and effect you need to step back and look again. Friction is not causing the heat of the woodsticks. The action doesnt cause anything. It is transforming. Your muscle power is transformed into mechanical abbrasion and heat. The whole ciruit of sunshine, rain, growing crop, eating crop and producing friction with your muscles is all just transformation. Same with piezzo crystals.
The real cause of the termal radiation and the chemical reaction is your mind, your intention and your will. The simple binary (and probably energyless ?) decission to do it caused the effect of termal radiation and chemical reaction. Everything else is just transforming energy.