Ionic Cooling

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

GaryN

Ionic Cooling

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

A thought came to mind...
Is it possible that a less energetic sun could cause a warming of the poles because there is less cooling by some kind of ion exchange mechanism ? And conversely, could an increase in solar activity lead to polar cooling?

I found this while searching, but not sure if it has any relevance to the question, I'm way out of my depth here!

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi. ... 006552.pdf
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

seasmith

Re: Ionic Cooling

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:25 pm

GaryN wrote:
...could an increase in solar activity lead to polar cooling?
Gary,

There's a lot of current research going on now re ice evaporisation / sublimation in connection with EM radiations. You can tell it's current since all the papers are pay-per-view Springer links and the like.
It's common knowledge that either process absorbs heat.
It's reasonable to assume, in an EU physics view, that any spectrum of EM energy might provide catalyst for the more 'thermo-hydro-dynamic energy transfers
[reportedly, the arctic and antarctic poles are showing converse cooling/heating patterns; perhaps in tune with the directional flow of axial EM flux-flow]
and thus correlate with solar cycles.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 499#p12499
s