FerroFluid Photon Conduction (video)

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Birkeland

FerroFluid Photon Conduction (video)

Unread post by Birkeland » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

I found a video on YouTube called FerroFluid Photon Conduction - the text states:
  • Using a lens with a thin layer of sandwiched ferro fluid to map the magnetic field via optic affects of the external field on the magnetic fluid. Blue LED's of the apparatus are spaced evenly, facing inward directed at the edge of the lens. Repulsive poles of the magnets (NN or SS) always show a shunt tunnel (photon path) between them. Attractive poles (NS or SN) never have a direct connection between them. The video is all about photon conduction, moving photons from point A to point B, There seems to be one angle that lights the whole thing up, like some 3d elliptical plane affect.
I'm clueless.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand

webolife

Re: FerroFluid Photon Conduction (video)

Unread post by webolife » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:54 pm

I think the word "conduction" is misleading.
I can't tell what their exact setup is here, but this appears to be akin the behavior of LCDs and polarizing filters.
The "ferro fluid" implies to me some sort of molecular alignment, affirming the polarization connection, and the angle of ray incidence is what it is all about. No photons are being "conducted" anywhere as I see it.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Birkeland

Re: FerroFluid Photon Conduction (video)

Unread post by Birkeland » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:46 pm

webolife wrote:No photons are being "conducted" anywhere as I see it.
Didn't make any sense to me either. Couldn't find any further explanation or anything related on the web. Probably a dead end.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see" - Ayn Rand